Game Design and in-Play Monitoring
Episode 1: July 24th 2019
How to empower and protect the customer through responsible game design and a safe environment
Moderator: Christina Thakor-Rankin, CEO, 1710 Gaming
Stefania Colombo, Head of CSR, IGT
Nick Jacobs, Gambling Business Lead, ThreatMetrix
Episode 2: 15th August 2019
Evaluating your monitoring process to define your sustainable players and at-risk players
Moderator: James Baston-Pitt, Business Development Manager, Onfido
Richard Wood, Director, GamRes
Paul Foster, Managing Director, Crucial Compliance (formerly Digital Compliance and Responsible Gambling Development Director at GVC Group)
Christofer Hagstedt, Chief Business Development Officer, Sustainable Interaction
Interaction and Intervention
Episode 3: September 25th
Categorizing different kinds of interaction and what they should look like
Moderator: David Clifton, Director, Clifton Davies Consultancy Limited
Ian Semel, CEO, Break Even
Rob Mabbett, Therapy Manager, Gordon Moody Association,
Tanja Sveen, Responsible Gambling Advisor, Norsk Tipping AS
Daniel Reilly, Responsible Gambling Manager, Rank Group
Episode 4: November 13th
Does the business model around loyalty and VIPs need to be re-evaluated
Marc Thomas, Partner, Propus Partners
Dan Iliovici, CEO, RomBET
Paul Buck, Epic Risk Management
David Caruana, Responsible Gambling Manager, Kindred Group
Janny Wierda, Responsible Gaming Manager, Holland Casino
Self-exclusion, blocking and advertising
How to On-board at-risk customers to self-exclusion and blocking sites
• Self-exclusion and blocking – what technology approaches are available and how can we define best practise?
• What information do you need to share with RG suppliers in order for them to assess the impact of the tools you are using and how you can improve?
• Understanding the data – what is the success rate of signups to these tools once an operator has clocked risk factors and intervened in a customer’s journey? What are the causes for this percentage being low?
> Towards collaboration: How should operators be collaborating with RG suppliers for a better working relationship to get 1) this content presented effectively 2) at-risk players better identified and 3) a confirmed result (e.g. the player purchases and installs blocking software)
Matt Zarb-Cousin, Director, GamBAN
Marlene Warner, Commissioner, Massachussetts Council on Compulsive Gambling
Barry Grant, CEO, Problem Gambling Ireland
Fiona Palmer, CEO, GAMSTOP
Episode 6: January 8th
Responsible Advertising or no Advertising at all – what’s the future?
• What can be learned from how other industries have evolved to not target vulnerable customers and minors?
• When these advertising restrictions and blocks fail to be passed on to affiliates, exposing self-excluded players to gambling ads, what is the root cause? How can operators better manage their relationship with affiliates to avoid breaches?
• Will the advertising backlash and subsequent cancelling of gambling content in ads (GVC, Svenska Spel) contribute significantly to safer gambling?
> Towards collaboration: How can advertising foster a better relationship with sport to produce content that is sustainable, considerate of RG, and sensitive to minors watching?
Yanica Sant, Senior Counsel, Malta Gaming Authority
Clive Hawkswood, Chairman, RAIG
Martin Lycka, Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs, GVC
Andrew Taylor, Policy Executive, Advertising Standards Authority
Moderator: Maarten Haijer, Chairman, EGBA